[Bioc-devel] new package build problems

Karl Stamm karl.stamm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 00:45:37 CEST 2014

Hello all, I'm running into some problems submitting my first bioconductor
package. Hope someone can help.

I've got the package building and checking successfully on three of the
four build servers, and a strange error on the last. The OSX *oaxaca* host
reports a warning during CHECK. Reviewing the log has this apparent error:

* checking loading without being on the library search path ... WARNING

Error : Function found when exporting methods from the namespace IRanges
which is not S4 generic: unsplit

Error: package DESeq could not be loaded

Execution halted

It looks like this package has a loading problem when not on .libPaths:

see the messages for details.

* checking dependencies in R code ... OK

Later in the log it says

* checking examples ... [259s/264s] OK

Which tells me it must have loaded all required packages. Later, oaxaca's
BUILD bin successfully installs the package, which is more confusing. I
don't have an unsplit() and I don't use IRanges directly, those are
imported from BiocGenerics.

The full build report is here:
http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/rgsepd_0.99.3_buildreport_20140930152650.html#oaxaca_check_anchor

Sorry I have to lean on the mailing list for support, but when it builds
and checks successfully on 3/4 hosts, I'm stumped!

Thanks again.