[Bioc-devel] BioC 3.0 CHECK ERROR

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fredhutch.org
Wed Nov 26 18:00:07 CET 2014

On 11/26/2014 01:39 AM, Joachim Schumann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> this morning I got an email from bioconductor.
> The message:
>
> According to the "Build/check report" for BioC 3.0,
> the flowCHIC package has the following problem(s):
> ERROR for 'R CMD check' on zin1.
>
> The error I get is the following:
>
> Error in callGeneric() :
>    'callGeneric' with a primitive needs explicit arguments (no formal args defined)
> Calls: calculate_overlaps_xor ... calculate_overlaps_xor -> .local -> bXOR ->
> round -> round -> callGeneric
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is? It seems that the round function causes
> the error.

This is some kind of interaction with Matrix

 > library(EBImage)
 > img = readImage(system.file(package="EBImage", "images", "nuclei.tif"))
 > xx = round(img)
 > library(Matrix)
 > yy = round(img)
Error in callGeneric() :
   'callGeneric' with a primitive needs explicit arguments (no formal args defined)

which defines a Math2 group generic. How long has this been appearing? It
doesn't seem like the build system R, EBImage or Matrix has changed since
release, and the package is available via biocLite implying that it once built...

Martin

> Best,
> Joachim

1100 Fairview Ave. N.