[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor git-svn bridge is available

Ilari Scheinin ilari.scheinin at gmail.com
Fri May 23 21:24:23 CEST 2014

I’m also having issues with my bridges. It seems that they always “die" after the initial sync (which for me is always a Git win). After awhile when I commit again to GitHub, nothing happens on the SVN, and I end up deleting the bridges and re-creating them. This always does the trick, but when I commit the next time, it’s the same thing again.

I thought the problem was maybe with the webhook, so I went to double check it. I noticed that GitHub has probably updated these settings, since in the bridge documentation it says:

> Leave "Payload version" alone (it should be "application/vnd.github-v3+form")

But it looks like nowadays the setting is called “Content type” and options are “application/json” and “application/x-www-form-urlencoded” (which I have selected).

Otherwise everything looks to be ok (“Just the push event”, “Active”, and the new option “Secret” is empty), and under “Recent Deliveries” I do see that the hook has indeed been triggered by my commits. So, I guess there must be something wrong with the bridge itself. Both my repositories (QDNAseq and QDNAseq-release) are organization ones, if that makes a difference. I don’t really know what else I could do to debug this. Maybe there could be some kind of logging that was visible to the bridge owners.

Ilari