[Bioc-devel] GenomicAlignments: using asMates=TRUE and yieldSize with paired-end BAM files

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 27 17:13:40 CET 2014

I should also mention that when both 'yieldSize' in the BamFile and
'which' in ScanBamParam are set the 'which' gets priority. The point of
'yieldSize' is to provide a reasonable chunk for processing the file.
When 'which' is provided it's assumed that range is of reasonable chunk
size so the yield is ignored.

I've added this info to the 'summarizeOverlaps' and 'readGAlignments'
man pages in GenomicAlignments.

Valerie