[Bioc-devel] r+w permissions in release branches

Julian Gehring julian.gehring at embl.de
Tue Apr 22 16:14:23 CEST 2014

Hi,

For a "more general solution" one could think of specifying the version
of critical packages in the 'description' file and having a 'biocLite'
function that installs the specific version from CRAN.  See e.g. the
'devtools::install_version' function for installing older packages from
the CRAN archive.  This may have drawbacks for binary or compiled
packages though.

Best wishes
Julian