[Bioc-devel] BiocUpgrades updates to devel instead of stable

Julian Gehring julian.gehring at embl.de
Tue Apr 22 14:38:54 CEST 2014

Hi,

Alejandro and I digged deeper into this:

The bug I described before as caused by 'BiocInstaller:::.onLoad' which
sets 'BiocInstaller:::IS_UPGRADEABLE' to TRUE for every bioc release
with an even minor (e.g. 2.12, 2.14).  Within the load function,

   (BIOC_VERSION$minor %% 2L) == 0L

checks against the minor of the bioc number, which looks
non-informative.  Rather, checking if the minor of the 'BiocInstaller'
package is even or odd could be more useful here

   (packageVersion("BiocInstaller")$minor %% 2L) == 0L

which is TRUE for stable and FALSE for devel.

Best wishes
Julian