[Bioc-devel] biocLite “no packages in repository” error

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 15 16:42:25 CEST 2014

Hi Nico,

----- Original Message -----

We have ordered the machines. I have just asked for an update on the order status. As soon as the machines arrive, are configured, and start building, we'll be able to support binary Mavericks packages. We'll make an announcement on this list.

Note that even CRAN's builds of Mavericks packages are not complete and this may impact Bioconductor's builds, but we'll work with CRAN to resolve this.

> As a feedback, compiling R and installing from source on Maverick has
> been fairly stable for me - just recently encountered a problem with
> compiling mzR but got a workaround from the package developers - and
> this since Maverick is out (October last year).

Yes, it's mostly a (lack of) hardware problem, not a technical one.

Dan