[Bioc-devel] New pvectorize implementation

Ryan rct at thompsonclan.org
Fri Oct 4 05:22:42 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

I've just completed a proof-of-concept for a version of pvectorize that
can handle functions with multiple vector arguments:
https://github.com/DarwinAwardWinner/BiocParallel/compare/mllg:batchjobs...pvectorize

It's just a proof of concept right now, and my branch includes some
other somewhat related or unrelated commits, and there's no docs for the
changes or anything, so I will need to polish it a lot before it can be
considered for merging (also it's built off the batchjobs branch, so
that has to be merged first). However, I think the new implementation is
a good deal more straightforward than before. To support the
multi-argument bpvectorize, I also added a function "bpmvec", which is
to bpvec as bpmapply is to bplapply.

-Ryan