[Bioc-devel] follow up on subject: mapping between original and reduced ranges

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 17 07:49:16 CET 2013

Hi Florian,

Starting with IRanges 1.17.25 / GenomicRanges 1.11.23, reduce()
supports the 'with.mapping' arg on IRanges, IRangesList, and GRanges
objects (but not on GRangesList yet, could be added though).

Make sure to check ?`inter-range-methods` for typical downstream
manipulations of the mapping returned by reduce() when called
with 'with.mapping=TRUE'.

Let me know if you find problems with this or have suggestions.

Thanks,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès