[Bioc-devel] package download statistics

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 23 19:39:44 CEST 2013

On 04/21/2013 10:45 PM, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Fri, 2013-04-19 at 11:51 -0400, Robert M. Flight wrote:
>> The reason is alt-metrics. I thought it would be cool to have a little R
>> package that takes a supplied Bioconductor package name, and compares its
>> download statistics to the download statistics for all the other
>> Bioconductor packages, essentially providing a percentile ranking.
>
> ... and if you *then* use BioC Views to sub-categorize that,
> this would be very cool!

These counts are currently total downloads, rather than from distinct IPs, and
are grossly inflated. They are based on scrapping web logs and these sometimes
have additional problems. The counts will be updated to distinct IP downloads
(available on individual package pages) in the near future; maybe there will be
some interruptions as that gets implemented.

Martin

> Yours,
> Steffen

1100 Fairview Ave. N.