[Bioc-devel] _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ = false

Yue Li gorillayue at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 16:40:00 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I just submitted a new package. It builds and checks OK on the Mac and Linux servers but fails to build on the Windows server, namely 'mosacto1'. The error says:

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Package suggested but not available: 'multicore'

The suggested packages are required for a complete check.
Checking can be attempted without them by setting the environment
variable _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ to a false value.

But it seems that I can only set that environment variable _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ in ~/.R/check.Renviron on my local machine not on the server. I wonder if anyone encountered the same problem when trying to submit your package before? I apologize if the issue has been addressed in some other posts that I failed to find it by Google.

Thanks in advance,
Yue