[Bioc-devel] knowing what is changed/new in release patches

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:31:31 CET 2012

A package may choose to provide a NEWS file which you should be able
to access using
   news(package = "IRanges")
(you can also ask for news added after a given version number, the
query above lists the entire file).  It is optional to include and it
is optional how detailed it is, but this is intended to be a readable
summary of changes.

For this reason, I very strongly suggests that all packages include
such a file.  Unfortunately, it is easy to forget to update.

Aside from this, svn log is your only friend.

Kasper