[Bioc-devel] knowing what is changed/new in release patches

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Tue Nov 6 21:05:51 CET 2012

Is there a generic way to learn what is changed or new in a "released" package since its release?

For instance, IRanges was released as 1.16.0 but is now at 1.16.4.

I'd like to know what was changed in this released version.

I do already know that I can monitor changes to devel with either
	http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/svnlog/ or its RSS feed.
And I do.
And this is very useful.

However, I don't know how to do this to the release version (i.e. to learn what changes to devel were deemed sufficiently important to merit a patch release to devel), other than check out the svn and use diff, which I don't want to have to do (at least for now).

Am I missing something?

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Malcolm Cook
Computational Biology - Stowers Institute for Medical Research