[Bioc-devel] A question about using proxy when developing R package

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue May 22 15:51:35 CEST 2012

On 05/22/2012 06:14 AM, slzhao wrote:
> Hello,
>
>           I am developing a R package. As I have to use a proxy to
> access the internet, so I used the function "setInternet2()" in R to
> download CRAN packages. But now I am writing a sweave based help file
> in Lyx software. In this help file, the "download.file" function was
> used in a example code. So I just used "setInternet2()" in this help
> file. Of course it is not good as the end user need not a proxy. Does
> anyone know how to resolve this problem?

I think you want to use a different approach to configuring your own
computer to use the proxy. Arrange to start R with the --internet2
option, or (perhaps only R-devel?) set the environment variable
R_WIN_INTERNET2 on your system. See the R windows FAQ

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html

Martin

--
Computational Biology