[Bioc-devel] linking to suggested package in documentation

Stephanie M. Gogarten sdmorris at u.washington.edu
Thu May 17 17:16:16 CEST 2012

The package is installed on my system.  If it is listed in the
"Suggests" field, I get the warning

* checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
Missing link(s) in documentation object
‘/Volumes/geneva_sata/stephanie/Bioconductor/GWASTools/man/snpStats.Rd’:
   ‘SnpMatrix-class’

If I move the "snpStats" package from "Suggests" to "Imports," that
warning goes away.

I can see why R would warn about documentation links to packages in
"Suggests", because if the package is not installed the link would be
broken.  But I was wondering if there was a clever way to convince R CMD
check that packages in "Suggests" should be considered valid for
documentation links.

thanks,
Stephanie