[Bioc-devel] runmean and NA values

Hahne, Florian florian.hahne at novartis.com
Fri Apr 13 17:06:42 CEST 2012

Hi all,
Runmean and the related run* functions currently can't deal with NA
values. Kasper asked for a na.rm argument a long while ago and back then
Patrick agreed to add this in one of the upcoming releases
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2010-August/034982.html)

Is that still on someone's radar? I would really like to see that in
runmean for the same reasons Kasper pointed out: NAs and zeros are not
necessarily equivalent in Rle vectors, and I would like to be able to
smooth data that contains NAs.

Thanks,
Florian

Florian Hahne
Novartis Institute For Biomedical Research
Translational Sciences / Preclinical Safety / PCS Informatics
Expert Data Integration and Modeling Bioinformatics
CHBS, WKL-135.2.26
Novartis Institute For Biomedical Research, Werk Klybeck
Klybeckstrasse 141
CH-4057 Basel
Switzerland
Phone: +41 61 6967127