[Bioc-devel] gdsfmt not installed on Windows x64

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 20 20:33:56 CEST 2011

Hi Stephanie,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Stephanie M. Gogarten
<sdmorris at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I am getting the following errors in the build report for GWASTools, which
> has gdsfmt in the "Suggests" field.
>
> gewurz, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 (64-bit) / x64:
> During build:
> Error in library(gdsfmt) : there is no package called 'gdsfmt'
>
> moscato1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 (64-bit) / x64:
> During check:
> ** running examples for arch 'i386' ... OK
> ** running examples for arch 'x64' ... ERROR
> Failed with error:  'package 'gdsfmt' is not installed for 'arch=x64''

Our windows build machines have trouble building the 64-bit version of
gdsfmt. If you look on CRAN, the windows binary provided there is a
32-bit only version.

You might communicate with the maintainer of gdsfmt and ask if they
intend to support 64-bit Windows. if not, what we can do is mark
GWASTools as unsupported on 64-bit windows.

Thanks,
Dan