[Bioc-devel] os x binary

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 00:53:27 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen
> <kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fhcrc.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Kasper,

>>> I bumped the version number yesterday to 1.26.2, and that is what was
>>> built by our build system and is now available via biocLite().
>>>
>>> If I build affxparser from source on my Lion machine, readCdfHeader() works.
>>
>> So the binary version works on Leopard but not on Lion (if I
>> understand you correctly).  Building from source works on Lion.
>> Doesn't this tell us that there is something wrong with the binaries?
>
> Yes, your understanding is correct.
>
> It does seem to tell us that there is a problem with the binaries, at
> least the one produced on Leopard (which is what our build system
> uses).
>
> Earlier in this thread, you said installing the latest R 2.14.0 binary
> from CRAN would solve this problem. It appears that it does not solve
> it, at least for some machines (Lion may or may not be the deciding
> factor).

Well, actually my statement is not based on my own testing.  But this
is what I have told people who had problems and it seems that made the
problem go away.  I am building R from source myself, so I am not
using the binary.

Perhaps Oliver can say exactly what he did to get his problem solved?

> If you want to send me (off-list) the .tgz file produced by
> R CMD INSTALL --build affxparser
> on your Snow Leopard system, I'll test if it works on my Lion system.

On its way.