[Bioc-devel] cyclic dependency bug in Rdbi

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 23 19:24:31 CET 2011

Hi Philip,

Thanks again for your feedback. I've removed the "automatic reconnection
to a
database from a saved object" feature from Rdbi. I totally agree with
you that this
feature is not good design.

We've also decided to move forward and to deprecate Rdbi/RdbiPgSQL in favor
of DBI/RPostgreSQL. Note that Rdbi/RdbiPgSQL will still be available in
the upcoming
release (BioC 2.8) but they will issue a warning at load time and point
the user to
DBI/PostgreSQL. Then later, during the BioC 2.9 devel cycle, we will
remove those
2 packages.

I hope this is OK.

Cheers,