[Bioc-devel] A new beginner

Stefano Calza stefano.calza at med.unibs.it
Thu Feb 17 15:34:47 CET 2011

Ciao

you probably mean you have been programming using S3 methods not S4.

Using S4 methods is not compulsory though highly recommended. At least this is my understanding. There are packages in BioC not using S4, therefore I assume you can go ahead like this.

Most packages in BioC use S4 methods, so just pick one not too complex!

regards

Stefano