[Bioc-devel] A new beginner

Stefano Berri S.Berri at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 17 15:17:31 CET 2011

Hi everybody.

I am about to start assembling my code to make my first Bioconductor
package.

I've read the instructions about "Package Guidelines" and "Package
Submission" and I will try to follow those instruction the best I can.

I have a first question, however.
You seem to ask for your code to be in S4 Classes and Methods

( Packages should also conform to the following:
* Use S4 classes and methods.)

At the moment I wrote my code in the form

List <- myFunction(List, bar = bar, foo = foo)

Using "plain functions" and Lists as input and output.
I was inspired by 'limma' that, as far as I understand, works this way.

Can submit using this interface or shall I really use S4 implementation? If
so, could you recommend a simple package that uses classes as you would
recomend that I can use as template/inspration/guide for my code?

Thank you very much

Stefano Berri