[Bioc-devel] biocLite.R has been modified (BiocInstaller package)

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Sat Aug 20 22:38:26 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Our new package for installing packages, BiocInstaller, is now used by
default (in recent versions of R-devel) when you:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")

As mentioned below, a major difference is that now, the biocLite()
function will attempt to update out-of-date packages. You can control
this behavior; see the documentation:

?biocLite

for more information.

Please let us know on this list if you have questions, concerns, or issues.

Thanks,
Dan