[Bioc-devel] GenomicFeatures Install Fails

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Mon Apr 11 06:00:20 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm having problems installing the package GenomicFeatures, development version. I've looked at http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.8/bioc-LATEST/ and it doesn't have warnings or errors there, but when I try to install it I get :

* installing *source* package âGenomicFeaturesâ ...
  ...          ...
Error : class "Sequence" is not exported by 'namespace:IRanges'
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package âGenomicFeaturesâ
  ...          ...

I've got the latest IRanges installed though.
> library(IRanges)
  ...          ...
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 RC (2011-04-05 r55310)
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)
  ...         ...
other attached packages:
[1] IRanges_1.9.31

Am I doing something wrong, or are there some more changes to be made before it goes to release ?

Dario Strbenac
Research Assistant
Cancer Epigenetics
Garvan Institute of Medical Research