[Bioc-devel] Building a package that depends on flowCore

Davide Rambaldi davide.rambaldi at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Fri Apr 1 10:13:15 CEST 2011

Hi All and thanks for the help.... (yes I know I must RTFM but...)

Anyway I have made this workaround, not sure if it is a good idea:

representation=representation(
		DATA = "environment"
)

With this initializer:

setMethod (
	f = "initialize",
	signature = "GenData",
	definition = function(.Object, flowframe, stain,  ... ) {
		# check data
		flowCore:::checkClass(flowframe, c("flowFrame"))
		.Object at DATA[["Frame"]] <- flowframe
		mt <- stain %in% colnames(flowframe)
		if(!mt) {
        	stop("Invalid stain not matching the flowSet:\n    ", paste(stain, collapse=", "))
        }
		return(.Object)
	}
)

If I have understood the concept of enviroment: I have created a pointer (reference) to our flowFrame.

Not sure if it is coorect but it pass R CMD check now :-)

Best Regards

Davide