[Bioc-devel] matchprobes

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Sun Sep 19 23:05:33 CEST 2010

Hi Kasper,

On 09/19/2010 01:36 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> matchprobes seems to be absent from the devel branch when I use
> R-2.12-alpha with biocLite?  Perhaps this is a fluke because I have
> installed it earlier in the year under R-devel (then R-2.12), but it
> is also absent from the devel build webpage:
>    http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/

Yes matchprobes has been deprecated for a while (more than 2 releases
ago) and now it's gone. Note that at the same time we made it
a deprecated package, we also moved most of its content to Biostrings:
     basecontent()
     countbases()
     complementSeq()
     reverseSeq()
     revcompDNA()
     revcompRNA()
     longestConsecutive()
     matchprobes()
Most of this stuff is deprecated too. See the individual man pages
for the details.

Cheers,
H.

> Kasper