[Bioc-devel] Windows x64 linking problem

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Tue Sep 7 12:23:35 CEST 2010

Short story: fixed.

Or, as Jerry Pournelle (formerly Byte magazine, does anyone remember ?!)
would put it: I learned more about Win64 linking than I ever wanted
to know...

The change is that "mingw-w64 toolchain is moving towards the MSVC
convention of not using leading underscores on symbols"

So the precompiled libnetCDF and zlib had to be compiled
with the compiler flag -fno-leading-underscore,
and I placed the notes on the XCMS wiki:

IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE
Weinberg 3                   http://msbi.bic-gh.de
06120 Halle                  Tel. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1470
                                  +49 (0) 345 5582 - 0
sneumann(at)IPB-Halle.DE     Fax. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1409