[Bioc-devel] Package description

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Nov 1 14:49:31 CET 2010

On 11/01/2010 04:33 AM, Sean Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Setia PRAMANA <setia.pramana at uhasselt.be>wrote:
>
>>  Hi All,
>>
>> I have a small question: I want to update the description (author and
>> maintainer) my package in the  bioconductor website. I have updated the
>> description file in the repository. But the info/description in the website
>> hasn't changed. Please let me know how what may the problem. Thank you.
>>

> Hi, Setia.
>
> It takes a couple of days for the update to occur, as the build system has
> to run for changes to take effect.  Also, I believe you need to bump the
> version number for the build system to pick up the changes.

If 'the web site' means

http://bioconductor.org/help/bioc-views/release/bioc/html/IsoGeneGUI.html

(note the 'release' rather than 'devel') then you'll need to make your
changes to the release SVN repository (including as Sean says a version
bump).

https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_2_7/madman/Rpacks/IsoGeneGUI

Changes of authorship has significant intellectual and licensing
implications, so I would not characterize that sort of change as 'small'.

Martin