[Bioc-devel] Problem installing packages using biocLite

Muino, Jose jose.muino at wur.nl
Wed May 12 11:32:28 CEST 2010

Hi Joern,

Thanks for your answer.
Indeed, I was using an older version (2.8.1).

I am the author of the CSAR package, and the most common email that I
get is from users that can not install it using BiocLite (I guess
because they are also using an old R version).

Perhaps, will it be possible to include the information that you need
the last R version to run the last BiocLite version on each package
website? Exactly, where it is said:

"To install this package, start R and enter:
    source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
    biocLite("CSAR")
"

Say something like:
"To install this package, start R and enter:
    source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
    biocLite("CSAR")
If you have any problem with the installation, check if you have the
last R version
"

Thanks,
Jose

Dr. Jose M Muino
Plant Research International B.V.
Droevendaalsesteeg 1
P.O. Box 16, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Phone: +0317-481122.
E-mail: jose.muino at wur.nl
http://www.pri.wur.nl