[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.7: Multiple platform build/check report

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 20 03:46:01 CEST 2010

On 07/19/2010 03:26 PM, Wolfgang Huber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. The report on http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/
> indicates that the build is run on versions of R from 2 to 4 weeks ago -
> is that intentional?
>
> 2. Maybe (or maybe not) related to that, vsn fails to build with
>
>     ! LaTeX Error: File `Sweave.sty' not found.
>            (details see URL below)
>
> I don't get that error when I do 'R CMD build' (or 'check') on my
> computer, and I can also not see any Sweave-specific issues with vsn's
> vignettes (nor have they changed recently). Has anyone an idea what's
> wrong or how to fix it?
>
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/vsn/lamb2-buildsrc.html

Yes, the devel version does tend to lag a few weeks behind (updating all
operating systems does take time, and some effort is being spent on
64bit Windows and other build issues). We'll make updating the R's a
task for the near term.

And yes, the missing Sweave.sty file likely sounds like a version issue
(corrected in r52478, introduced in r52255).

Martin