[Bioc-devel] Committing changes to the release branch

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 15:34:12 CEST 2010

At this point I would like to highlight the final step on the Bioc
HOWTO for updating the release branch:

"Send a mail to the main bioconductor email list to announce the new version."

It seems almost no-one - including the Biocore team - follows this.
Should this requirement be removed (I don't think so personally, but
since it is not adhered to, there is not much point in having it)?

Kasper