[Bioc-devel] Suggestions to improve the package 'homepages' on the Bioc site.

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 23:09:09 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Patrick Aboyoun <paboyoun at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> On Friday we modified
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/robots.txt
>
> to be more discriminatory. I'm not sure what the search engine turn around
> time is, but let us know if you are still finding old package links coming
> up in Google searches and the like.

Another possibility, besides robots.txt which will simply block
content (is this really what is desired?), is to use a sitemap.

http://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.php

This would potentially allow more fine-grained control over what urls
are crawled, how often, and most importantly, what urls are highest
importance on the site.

Sean