[Bioc-devel] Different plot method on liverpool?

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Apr 16 08:01:45 CEST 2010

Hi Gilbert,

Gilbert Feng wrote:
> Hi, Bioconductor core members
>
> I noticed a check error for dev version of GeneAnswers package, which is
> "Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large". This only happens on
> liverpool, a win32 machine, and we never see it on our 32win winXP and vista
> machine. Since the same codes run very well on other machines and I noticed
> it passed check a couple of days ago. I wonder whether something changed or
> not.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier on this. I don't have anything
really helpful to offer right now (it seems that you already worked
around the problem by putting the offending code in a \dontrun statement
anyway) but you are welcome to remind me about this after the release
(i.e. in 2 or 3 weeks). I hope I'll have more time to go on liverpool
try troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks for your comprehension and sorry for the inconvenience.

H.

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Gilbert

> Gang (Gilbert) Feng, PhD
> Biomedical Informatics Center
> Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
> Northwestern University
> 750 N. Lake Shore Drive, 11th Floor(11-175e)
> Chicago, IL  60611
> Phone:312-503-2358
> Email g-feng (at) northwestern.edu

Hervé Pagès