[Bioc-devel] updating an existing package via svn

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Wed Sep 9 09:45:03 CEST 2009

Maarten van Iterson ha scritto:
> Dear BioC-developers,
>
> I have created an improved version of my BioC-package (SIM) and want to
> update this version to the devel of BioConductor.
> I'm not sure if I just can replace the svn trunk on my computer with the
> new version using the svn commands.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Maarten

Maarten,

1. use

svn checkout https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/SIM

(in one line) in a new directory to obtain what is currently in the
Bioconductor repository

2. Replace the files that you want to change; Use 'svn add' and 'svn rm'
to add or remove files.

3. Use 'svn commit' to send the changes back to the Bioconductor server.

There are many good introductions to subversion on the internet and in
bookstores. You could also ask someone locally in Leiden with some
experience.

Best wishes
      Wolfgang