[Bioc-devel] [BioC] about Rgraphviz

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Oct 24 16:38:32 CEST 2009

Gilbert Feng <g-feng at northwestern.edu> writes:

> Hello, BioC developers,
>
> I noticed the current official and stable release of Graphviz is 2.24.0, but
> dev version Rgraphviz is based on Graphviz 2.22.2. I am not sure whether
> this might cause problems or not. So is that possible to upgrade Rgraphviz
> dev version?

This is an issue for binary (windows and Mac) distributions, where the
version of graphviz installed on the user computer has to match the
version on the computer used to build the binary version.

Our plan is to update, before the release, the graphviz on the build
machines to the latest versions that work. This may or may not be the
most current release of graphviz. The relevant version information is
found in the README file of the Rgraphviz source, available from,
e.g.,

  http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/Rgraphviz.html

and following the 'Package source' link (we are also taking steps to
make the README file more accessible, and have in the past sometimes
had problems keeping the README file in sync with the software
installed on the build machine).

If you build Rgraphviz from source, then you can use whatever version
of graphviz is installed on your computer; there are instructions in
the README file.

Martin