[Bioc-devel] Oddity in hgu133plus2.db?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Nov 25 14:46:35 CET 2009

I should change slightly what I have said. The hgu133plus2.db package in
the new version of BioC has changed quite a bit, and no longer contains
much data. Instead, it is a thin wrapper for the org.Hs.eg.db package.

Since org.Hs.eg.db *does* contain mappings for this symbol, the Rkey exists:

 > grep("CD68", Rkeys(hgu133plus2SYMBOL), value=T)
[1] "CD68"

But this doesn't mean this gene product is interrogated by the
hgu133plus2 chip. The Lkey for this symbol is NA, because a matching
probeset is Not Available on the hgu133plus2 chip.

So the behavior is consistent - there is a Rkey for this symbol, but the
Lkey is NA.

Best,

Jim

--