[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.4 Release Schedule

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 10 20:11:13 CET 2009

The Bioconductor development wiki now contains an updated release
schedule for the BioC 2.4 release:

http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/BioC_2.4_Release_Schedule

BioC 2.4 is projected to be released on 21 April 2009. From a package
maintainer standpoint the two biggest dates are
7 April 2009 (package build and check without error) and 14 April 2009
(package build and check with no or limited pre-approved warnings).
Please check the BioC 2.4: Multiple platform build/check report

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.4/bioc-LATEST/

frequently to ensure your package is meeting these requirements. There
are currently around 20 packages producing build errors and another 30
or so producing build warnings. Please check to see if yours in one of them.

The BioC core team has been performing some low level maintenance on the
packages in the BioC 2.4 code line to reduce your workload so please svn
update your package directory before making any modifications to your
code so you don't revert the changes we made through an svn commit
operation. The main effort we have engaged in was fixing ill-formed Rd
files in around 90-100 packages that were discovered using the version 2
of the Rd parser.

Thanks again for your participation in the Bioconductor project.

Patrick