[Bioc-devel] R source code files of package vignettes

Joern Toedling Joern.Toedling at curie.fr
Tue Jul 28 10:39:25 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I would welcome your feedback on a small problem regarding vignettes.
For the data package ccTutorial, I pre-build the vignettes on my machine, as
building these vignettes takes considerable time. The folder 'inst/doc' only
contains dummy versions of the two vignettes and a Makefile which copies the
pre-built vignettes from another directory into 'doc' after running Sweave on
the dummy files.
I would also like to provide the source code of the pre-built vignettes
in the doc directory (as these are also linked on the BioC package web page).
However, having the *R files copied from the other directory into doc via use
of the Makefile is pointless as it seems that the command Stangle is run on
the dummy vignettes afterwards. So the source code files in the directory
'doc' only contain the non-relevant source code of the dummy files. Do you
know of a way to avoid having Stangle run on the dummy files? Or is there
another way to copy files afterwards?

Cheers,
Joern

---