[Bioc-devel] vignette LaTeX errors on the windows version

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:24:02 CET 2009

dear fellow developers,

i'm maintainer of a recently accepted package called 'qpgraph' and i've
encounter the following error in the BUILD report of the windows version
compiled at the server 'gewurz':

Error in texi2dvi(file = bft, pdf = TRUE, clean = FALSE, quiet =
quiet) :
  running 'texi2dvi' on 'qpTxRegNet.tex' failed

LaTeX errors:
D:/biocbld/bbs-2.4-bioc/meat/qpgraph/inst/doc/qpTxRegNet.tex:78: Font \csname\e
ndcsname=psyr at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
D:/biocbld/bbs-2.4-bioc/meat/qpgraph/inst/doc/qpTxRegNet.tex:78: Font \csname\e
ndcsname=psyr at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
D:/biocbld/bbs-2.4-bioc/meat/qpgraph/inst/doc/qpTxRegNet.tex:503: Font \csname\
endcsname=psyr at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
D:/biocbld/bbs-2.4-bioc/meat/qpgraph/inst/doc/qpTxRegNet.tex:503
Calls: buildVignettes -> texi2dvi
Execution halted

the entire BUILD report for 'gewurz' can be retrieved directly through this link:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.4/bioc-LATEST/qpgraph/gewurz-buildsrc.html

i develop on a linux box where this problem does not appear and therefore i'd appreciate
if any of you can give me some hint on how can i fix this error.

thanks!!
robert.