[Bioc-devel] Boost as build dependency ?

Steffen Neumann sneumann at ipb-halle.de
Thu Feb 19 12:37:41 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 17:51 -0800, Patrick Aboyoun wrote:
> I hadn't done a survey of BOOST usage in BioC packages. It does look
> like we have hit critical mass for BOOST usage. Perhaps the developers
> of RBGL, bgx, BGmix and Steffen could get together to make a lightweight
> "RBOOST" package that they could all link to.

In addition to the headers we'd need some of the libboost*.so as well.
Since the make replacement bjam creates some very peculiar libboost*.so
names itself (which encode the compiler and options etc. ) we might
need to create some R function in RBOOST that returns
the actual BOOST_LDFLAGS and BOOST_LIBS variables.

Those would be called during the configure of the dependent packages.
(Or not, if they need the headers only)

Yours,
Steffen

--
IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE