[Bioc-devel] GenomeGraphs: makeIdeogram and Ideogram class spelling error

Diego Diez diez at kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Feb 4 10:36:41 CET 2009

I should have check this in more detail before spamming the bioc-devel list.

Although I cannot find ideogram as a chromosome representation in the
merriam webster dictionary (but I can find idiogram in the medical
version), there is actually a link from the ideogram entry in
wikipedia to Cytogenetic ideograms. Also from the idiogram entry
though. And at least I found also a link to a Nature education entry
where they use the term idiogram instead of ideogram:

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/Chromosome-Mapping-Idiograms-302

however a search in google for "chromosome ideogram" returns a lot of
hits that look trustworthy.

Can somebody with more knowledge than me put some light into this?

Best,
Diego.

diez at kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp