[Bioc-devel] library(Biostrings) gives me an error

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Apr 3 14:52:09 CEST 2009

Hi Pierre,

Pierre-Yves wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am facing the following error and google is quite quiet to help me.\
>
> Has anyone seen it before ?
> Note that I have the dependencies list on the website installed (I can
> send my library() is needed).
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre
>

>> library(Biostrings)
>
> Attaching package: 'IRanges'
>

> 	The following object(s) are masked from package:base :
>
> 	 cbind,
> 	 duplicated,
> 	 order,
> 	 pmax,
> 	 pmax.int,
> 	 pmin,
> 	 pmin.int,
> 	 rank,
> 	 rbind,
> 	 rep.int,
> 	 sapply,
> 	 sort,
> 	 table,
> 	 unique
>
> Error in insertMethod(m1, as.character(sigi), args, el(methods, i),
> FALSE) :
>   inserting method with invalid signature matching argument '...' to
> class "ANY"
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: Multiple methods tables found for 'score'
> 2: Multiple methods tables found for 'substr'
> 3: Multiple methods tables found for 'substring'
> 4: Multiple methods tables found for 'chartr'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Biostrings'
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
> x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
>
> locale:
> LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
> base
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] IRanges_1.1.55

This is a development version of IRanges in a release version of R. If
you want to run development versions of packages, then use a devel
version of R. And regardless of the R version you use, install packages
using biocLite() so you get the correct package version for the R you
are using.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald, M.S.