[Bioc-devel] library(Biostrings) gives me an error

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Apr 3 11:54:09 CEST 2009

Dear list,

I am facing the following error and google is quite quiet to help me.\

Has anyone seen it before ?
Note that I have the dependencies list on the website installed (I can
send my library() is needed).

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Pierre

> library(Biostrings)

Attaching package: 'IRanges'

	The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

	 cbind,
	 duplicated,
	 order,
	 pmax,
	 pmax.int,
	 pmin,
	 pmin.int,
	 rank,
	 rbind,
	 rep.int,
	 sapply,
	 sort,
	 table,
	 unique

Error in insertMethod(m1, as.character(sigi), args, el(methods, i),
FALSE) :
  inserting method with invalid signature matching argument '...' to
class "ANY"
In addition: Warning messages:
1: Multiple methods tables found for 'score'
2: Multiple methods tables found for 'substr'
3: Multiple methods tables found for 'substring'
4: Multiple methods tables found for 'chartr'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Biostrings'
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
base

other attached packages:
[1] IRanges_1.1.55