[Bioc-devel] biocViews preprocessing term

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 7 20:46:03 CEST 2008

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008, Florian Hahne wrote:

> Sure, I can do that. Just need to figure out if there is an easy way
> to parse through the whole repository, I hope that Patrick can help
> with that. However, I still don't see how one would specify a term
> like flow cytometry -> preprocessing in the DESCRIPTION file. Or do yo
> mean unique node names by syntactic atoms? So far, only the leaf node
> seems to be used to assign a package to a category.

we can certainly do something like flowCytometry -> flowPreprocessing
[you might even be able to embed a blank; the code was written before backticks
were well established]

however, sharing "Preprocessing" between view paths isn't going to work
without additional structure -- either namespaces or a distinction
between nodename and displayname ... the node names need to be unique,
not so the display names.  personally i don't want to go down this
path but repurposing namespace technology would definitely be a fun
and rewarding project for someone with some time and energy.