[Bioc-devel] biocViews preprocessing term

Florian Hahne fhahne at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 2 20:09:53 CEST 2008

Hi Vince,
the cellHTS and cellHTS2 package provide (mostly) preprocessing
functionality for cell-based assays, and assigning the biocViews term
"Preprocessing" seems to be reasonable. However, in the ontology this is
defined as "Microarray -> Preprocessing;", and that's not really what we
want. Shouldn't there be a general "Preprocessing" term independent of
micro arrays. I guess this will also become interesting for many of the
other emerging new technologies like deep sequencing. With the current
design, it seems this is not possible, since terms have to be
unambiguous. Is there any reasonable way of dealing with this problem
other than adding a new term like "General Preprocessing"? And wouldn't
it be useful to allow for terms like "Technology -> FlowCytometry
->Preprocessing;"

Florian

--
Florian Hahne, PhD