[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.3 release: please commit bug fixes and documentation improvements only

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sat Oct 18 19:02:50 CEST 2008

Dear Herve

Thank you for taking care of the Warnings problem of my package "xps" on
MacOS X (see R-SIG-MAC).

Here I would like to address the more severe problem with my package
"xps" on Windows Server gewurz:
The problem is that the BUILD process on gewurz results in a TIMEOUT due
to problems with "creating vignettes..."

Interestingly, this problem does also affect other packages, see e.g.:
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.3/bioc-LATEST/biocGraph/gewurz-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.3/bioc-LATEST/GEOquery/gewurz-buildsrc.html

However, in contrast to the packages mentioned, my package has yesterday
been changed on gewurz to NOT SUPPORTED, although the problem seems to
be the same. Since some users of my package are Windows users, it is
important to me that my package supports Windows, too, as it does
already on BioC2.2.

Please let me know if there is a possibility that this problem can be
solved, and if there is something that I can do to help.

Thank you in advance
Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a