[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.3 release: please commit bug fixes and documentation improvements only

hpages at fhcrc.org hpages at fhcrc.org
Sat Oct 18 17:50:00 CEST 2008

Hi developpers,

Our next release is just around the corner now. BioC 2.3 is planned
to be released next Wednesday (Oct 22) i.e. two days after the
release of R 2.8.0:

   http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/BioC_2.3_Release_Schedule

Please make sure that your package builds and passes check
on all supported platforms:

   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.3/bioc-LATEST/

FYI, we've changed the schedule of the daily builds 2 days ago: now
they start at midnight (the svn snapshot happens just a few minutes
after midnight) and the report is published around 1 pm of the same
day (all times are for Seattle).

 From now and until next Tuesday, only bug fixes and documentation
improvements should be committed.

R-2.8.0 will be installed on all our build machines on Monday.
On Tuesday at noon we'll have the first build/check results with
this new version of R. Please pay a special attention to these
results (everything should be OK, but just in case).

If everything looks OK, we'll create the 2.3 branch in svn on
Tuesday in the late afternoon (very late afternoon for those who
live East of Seattle ;-)) and bump the version numbers of all the
packages. We'll need a 2-hour window for this operation and no
commit at all should be sent to the svn server during that time.

We'll post here again when we'll be about to perform this operation.

Please post any question you have to this list.

Thanks for your attention!
H.