[Bioc-devel] warning in R CMD check

ALEXANDRE SANCHEZ PLA asanchez at ub.edu
Wed Mar 19 13:48:49 CET 2008

Hello

I am trying to build a package to upload it to Bioconductor-
The package builds correctly using R-2.6.2 and Bioconductor 2.1 but R CMD check
issues the following warning:

* checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... WARNING

'library' or 'require' calls not declared from:

  anotPkg anotPack

See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter 'Creating R

packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

'anotPkg' or 'anotPack' are not package names indeed. I use them as argument
to pass any annotation package names to a function which will load them in
execution time.

It is as if I wanted to have a 'loadAnnotations' function in my package which
could be as follows:

loadAnnotations <- function (anotPack){
  if (!require(anotPack, character.only=T))
     cat("Could not load the package")
}

So my question is: what should I do if I wanted to include such a function in my
package to avoid the warning?

Thanks for any suggestions

Alex Sanchez
Departament d'Estadistica. Universitat de Barcelona