[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.2 Stage I Code Freeze in one month (14 April 2008)

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 14 20:22:37 CET 2008

Dear BioC 2.2 package maintainers,
This is a reminder that there will be a Stage I Code Freeze for BioC 2.2
on 14 April 2008.

http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/BioC_2.2_Release_Schedule

At this time we will lock down the APIs on the functions/methods in BioC
2.2 to ensure we have stable interfaces as we approach the BioC 2.2
release on 30 April 2008.

We also will be removing packages that do not pass R CMD check without
error from the BioC 2.2 manifest. This means that if a package produces
errors, it will be removed from the BioC 2.2 daily builds and will not
be released with BioC 2.2 on 30 April.

Due to the interdependence between packages, your package may not be
passing check because a package it depends on is failing check. If your
package is failing because of package dependencies, I encourage you to
get in contact with the upstream package maintainer to see if you can
help resolve the issue.

Also please check to ensure your package is producing binary packages
for Windows and Mac OS X (if applicable). If the package you maintain is
not producing binary packages for Windows or Mac OS X due to build
machine issues, please get in contact with me (paboyoun at fhcrc.org) so we
can work together on getting the build machines configured correctly.

Thank you for your involvement in the BioConductor project. Let's work
towards producing a high quality release that BioConductor is known for!

Cheers,
Patrick