[Bioc-devel] xps - a new package for Affymetrix exon arrays

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sat Oct 20 13:24:07 CEST 2007

Dear all

I am happy to announce that package "xps" for the analysis
of Affymetrix exon array systems (Exon 1.0 ST) and gene array
systems (Gene 1.0 ST) which I have presented at the ISMB2007
in Vienna as poster G04 (http://www.iscb.org/ismb/poster_list.php?cat=G),
can now be downloaded from:
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.2/bioc/html/xps.html

This package allows e.g. RMA normalization of exon arrays on
laptops with 1-2 GB RAM only. For information how to install
the package please read the README file, since it requires
first to install ROOT from: http://root.cern.ch/

This package would not have been possible without the help of
many people, please see the ACKNOWLEDGMENTS.

Although xps is currently available on the development branch
only, it can be used with R-2.5.0 and R-2.6.0, too.

I hope that some people may find this package to be useful,
and are willing to test it, and I would appreciate any
comments (and bug reports?) .

Best regards
Christian
C.h.i.s.t.i.a.n S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a