[Bioc-devel] genefilter package update?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sun Oct 14 00:55:16 CEST 2007

Hi Paul --

Sorry for the delay in replying to your message.

The C++ code in genefilter is very straight-forward, and this implies
that your problems compiling it are likely to occur with any package
containing C++ code. A similarly simple package to try might be plier;
EBImage or RBGL would be challenging packages. Does plier have similar
problems?

If plier does have problems then the solution belongs at the R level
and not at the package level. However, R does get regular use on
Solaris boxes, presumably sometimes with the default compilers. So it
might be something more unique to your set up. One possibility is that
you configured and made R with a different compiler than you are using
to compile packages. Is that, or other questionable practice, likely?

If it seems that R does not in fact get configured correctly, then
probably R's configure.ac needs to be updated. This probably requires
more specific information about the OS and compiler versions that are
causing problems. Can you provide that information?

Martin